Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Quick word of advice:

#rant

If you have any sort of mac that has been at ALL keeping up with the OS updates, do NOT.. I repeat, do NOT buy Sans Digital, (Specifically the TR8M in this case) or expect an e-stata card with a Silicon Image 3132 chip to run your RAID system. (Have tested both the one that comes with the TR8M and a LaCie SATA II card) It crashes continuously. Oh, and PS: The fine print says "Works with mac osx up to 10.5.1" .... any updated system is now up to 10.5.6

#endrant

2 comments:

  1. That kind of stinks. Can you return it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so... Its not my system though, it belongs to a studio I edit for in Spokane. They've just asked me to come in and look at it / fix it while I'm working on other projects... so my last recommendation was to ship it back. It seems like Apple may not be 100% on board with external e-sata drives.... or that Silicon Image just isn't releasing updates.

    ReplyDelete